Required Qualifications of Candidates
Applicants must meet the following qualifications in order to be accepted to complete the CBRPA RPA Examination.
- Be a certified and registered radiographer in good standing.
- Be a graduate of a CBRPA recognized educational program housed in a post secondary institution recognized by the U. S. Department of Education.
The curriculum must contain the topics outlined in the CBRPA content specifications.
The academic portion of the program must result in obtaining a baccalaureate degree, beginning in 2007.
- Complete a clinical preceptorship supervised by a radiologist and have the CBRPA clinical competencies verified by the supervising physician(s).
The clinical competency checklist must be submitted with the examination application.
- Possess five years experience as a registered technologist at the time of applying for the examination
- Possess current ACLS certification.